CHOCOLATE HILLS AMATEUR RADIO LEAGUE, INC.
Official Club Call Sign: DX7BC
Established: January 31, 1986
c/o Gerisonic Electronics and Communications, Maria Clara Street, Cogon,Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines 6300
145.000 MHz minus 600 KHz duplex VHF/2m (145.000 – 0.600 MHz) Tone: 88.5 KHz
The Chocolate Hills Amateur Radio League, Inc. (CHARL) is the first amateur radio club in the Province of Bohol to be affiliated with the Philippine Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (PARA) and accredited by the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC).
“To guide and assist in uplifting the moral, cultural and social values and economic condition of the people especially the less privileged through self-reliance and to achieve national identity for the crisis through the Filipinization movement of the organization.”
- “To engage in the dissemination of government program information for the welfare of the community as a way of service to the people;
- To help arrest disorder in the community by direct link with the authority thru amateur radio communication;
- To assist government in promoting the principles of democracy, good government and social justice;
- To offer assistance to the public during times of emergencies and calamities.”
OTHER ACCREDITATION AND INVOLVEMENTS:
CHARL is an accredited Civil Society Organization (CSO) for the years 2019-2022 as a community-based Non-Government Organization/People’s Organization (NGO/PO) of the:
- City Government of Tagbilaran per SP Resolution No. 19-162 dated August 30, 2019, and
- Provincial Government of Bohol per SP Resolution No. 2019-562 dated September 24, 2019.
As an accredited Civil Society Organization, CHARL was selected to be a:
- Co-Chairman of the City Development Council (CDC) of the City of Tagbilaran,
- Member of the City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (CDRRMC) of the City of Tagbilaran,
- Member of the Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC) of the Province of Bohol, and
- Member of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of the Province of Bohol.
CHARL is also the Chairman of the Tagbilaran City Alay Lakad Executive Committee for years 2018-2020.